Topics in this episode which was recorded on September 29th:

• Environment checks, backup and restore
  • Security
  • General work towards a first RC for 1.3.10
  • Q&A session touching on
    • Some of my favourite creators I support on Patreon
    • Woodchuck science
    • Python 3 support

Full contents with jump marks available in the YouTube description.

You can find all public past episodes in the OctoPrint On Air Playlist.

OctoPrint On Air is a roughly monthly live broadcast done by me (Gina Häußge) for all Patrons on the Patreon campaign pledging at the $5 perk or above. Attendees can ask questions which will be answered on air and I also report what’s been going on in the background, what happened, what the current challenges are and what the near future holds, plus talk about whatever else might be interesting in the world of OctoPrint.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://octoprint.org/blog/2018/09/29/octoprint-on-air-19/
1 Like

environment requirements: yaay!

"I'm shy and I don't know you". Totally get that. Amazed that you can go to conferences given that.

What's the auth plugin you're talking about?

Hope your personal life gets better. Have a good vacation.

minkorrekt, why are they leaving Patreon? And if you like DP Make Stuff, do you like AvE?

You like QC (Questionable Content)!. My ex's online nickname was Faye because of that.

woodchuck, such a German response :slight_smile:

I'm working on py3 as much as I can! Basically I try to do an iteration, have Gina merge it, do another iteration. I created a ticket to you about the config/settings needing some work from you (Gina) specifically.

That was an idea by @fieldOfView that started out back on the mailing list over a year ago. Can't find the link right now, but basically it will boil down to having per-third-party-app api keys (associated with the user) and a workflow that allows an app to trigger a dialog in OctoPrint along the lines of "Third Party application Foo would like to access your OctoPrint instance, yay or nay" and then getting the API key that way - no more copy-paste, no more QR Code necessary.

minkorrekt, why are they leaving Patreon? And if you like DP Make Stuff, do you like AvE?

They pretty much only target the German market, and here something like a SEPA Dauerauftrag (recurring money transfer) is way less of a hassle than going through two currency conversions and a third party platform, especially if you mostly just use said platform as payment processor and don't offer a lot of perks. Would be a sensible decision. They haven't definitely said though that they are leaving, sounded more like they are thinking about it in the recent episodes when they mentioned it.

woodchuck, such a German response :slight_smile:

Pssst, I actually took that from Wikipedia's selection of possible answers :wink:

Hope to get around to it soon! Maintenance is really eating the hair from my head at the moment for some reason.

oh I know, which is part of what makes it so german :slight_smile:

I've been a fairly serious contributor to Wikipedia for a long time now. I wrote a ton of articles in ~2010-2013 or so.