Why doesn't Octoprint remember the "Marked Read" selections on its notices?

I have to close a bunch of them everytime I go to Octoprint on my browser. Is always shows a file being loaded that I deleted from it probably a few months ago! It's as if it has no memory of anything that happened in a long time.

What did you already try to solve it?
Just kept deleting that gcode file and clicking "Marked Read" on messages I've read dozens of times now.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

1.3.8, though I updated to 1.3.9 several times (or tried to) ???
Octopi 0.13.0 (according to "About Octopi").
I also run the "Octoprint Anywhere" plug-in, seems to be working ok,

At the top of the log file (which is very large), it shows this message:
"2018-09-12 20:10:16,460 - octoprint.server - INFO - --- Log roll over detected ---------------------------------------------------"
Could that be related to this issue?

Any ideas how I could fix this (preferably other than doing a clean install of the installation)?

1 Like

It should remember your marking of them read, and that it seems to be unable to delete files indicates something is really really broken.

Are you asking if a log rollover is related? no, log rollovers happen when logs get to a certain size, it starts a new log so you don't end up with 1 massive log file with 11ty billion lines in it. That's normal.

Any suggestions about what I should do about it? Reinstall with a new SD card? Odd that it can save a file (since I can load it and it prints), but it won't remember that I read the notices or that I deleted that old gcode file from long ago.

I'm not entirely sure where the mark read stuff is saved, whether it's in your own browser's cache somewhere, or if it's stored in octoprint itself. You might want to try deleting a problematic file and then download octoprint's logs and look through them for any permission denied errors, also test in safemode to see you don't have any plugins that are interfering.