Use network storage for timelapse

What is the problem? Not necessarily a problem, as more of a feature request or guide assistance. Wanting to save timelapse files to a network location. the SD card isn't useful for large prints or frequent snapshots, but I have a server with tons of room that can be used for storage

What did you already try to solve it? Nothing at this point, because I don't know the best method

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...) OctoPrint 1.3.8, using raspi 'integrated' camera

End goal, I'd like to upload some Octopi prints to youtube, but a long (multi-day) print would ideally take up too much room to fit on the SD card. Samba shares should be able to handle the bandwith to manipulate the files by network (I have a gig ethernet network in the house, so the pi's 10/100 card is fine)

Create an SMB share somewhere, mount it on your Raspi, then change the folder used for storing timelapse and timelapse snapshots to your mount point:

Make sure to test that OctoPrint can actually write there (e.g. with a small print), people have run into issues with this in the past due to misconfigured shares.

Ahh, somehow I missed that. Then I guess the the temp folder would be for the screenshots, and the timelapse folder for the actual video files. Considering I already have a fully accessible cifs mount that I use for my ubuntu and windows connections to that system, I should be good to go. I'll tentatively call this good and ding back if I run into any errors, thanks!

Exactly.

If things work out, please don't forget to mark this issue solved via :marksolved: :slight_smile:

So, it worked perfectly, and the video went up on Youtube. If anyone looks back at this, I used the credentials method for safely accessing a password protected network share listed here (Yes, it's an Ubuntu help, but since OctoPi and Ubuntu share a Debian code base, the method works great)