Single Point Managment System

`I have two printers, each with their own Octopi.

While I know both of these printers could be attached to one Octopi for a single management point, their physical location in my house makes that less than desirable.

My request is for a re-tweak of the current octoprint server, to allow for connections to other Octoprint servers as a master-slave relationship.

Allowing one server (say my vps) to be the touch point for a user perspective. Allowing me to swap printers, and load and start files from one website while still leveraging my local servers at each printer.

Clearly things like error reporting and status updates may need to be fleshed out in more detail, but I think this would be a powerful tool for people managing printers across multiple physical locations. Allowing them to setup a octoprint server and point it at the "management server" which you can host at home or on the cloud.`

Search the forum. People have worked on these before.

Overseer
10 printers
Printview
Managing multiple OctoPrint images

1 Like

lol overseer. looks very similar to my solution.
But i will use socket.io for the communication between server and client and for webcam streaming.
But optical they are actually very close :smiley:

Thanks @OutsourcedGuru but those examples don't really fit my requirnments.

What is your solution @danielkrah?

currently i have only little time to work on it

Because on time and i run all instances on 1 machine it will switch to a solution which writes all data of all instances into one json file which then the dashboard can use

You should look into Octofarm if that is still your solution. It has been working great for me

2 Likes