Server is currently not running (after power outage)

What is the problem?
server is currently not running page is displayed when trying to access the web page.

I've been having some issues where the sever don't always start on boot, rebooted would fix it. But now I am trying to boot after a power outage and rebooting isn't helping.

What did you already try to solve it?
ps -ef | grep -i octoprint - doesn't return anything
sudo service octoprint - restart doesn't help

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
RPi 3
the command to check the version throws an error but I believe its 1.3.6 (1.3.8? - see error msg) / 0.14

nothing obvious in the log but I get this error trying to start the sever:

pi@octopi:~ $ ~/oprint/bin/octoprint
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/bin/octoprint", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('OctoPrint==1.3.8', 'console_scripts', 'octoprint')()
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/__init__.py", line 564, in main
    from octoprint.cli import octo
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/cli/__init__.py", line 136, in <module>
    from .dev import dev_commands
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/cli/dev.py", line 234, in <module>
    @dev_commands.group(name="dev", cls=OctoPrintDevelCommands)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 1169, in decorator
    cmd = group(*args, **kwargs)(f)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/decorators.py", line 115, in decorator
    cmd = _make_command(f, name, attrs, cls)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/decorators.py", line 89, in _make_command
    callback=f, params=params, **attrs)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/cli/dev.py", line 26, in __init__
    from octoprint.util.commandline import CommandlineCaller
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/util/__init__.py", line 28, in <module>
    import queue
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.15.2-py2.7.egg/queue/__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
    from Queue import *
ValueError: bad marshal data (string ref out of range)

I don't have a firm answer for you, but have you tried another SD card or reimaging your card? It's possible that your SD card is corrupted from all your power failures while it was running. RPis are known to sometimes corrupt SD cards when they aren't properly shut down, and it sounds like yours has experienced that multiple times.

This wouldn't be the first time I've had to reformat in the past year or so. Is there a way to recover/backup my settings and plugin config?

Sort of, if they haven't been corrupted. I'd suggest backing up regularly onto something that you keep safe from power events. Below are a few articles/threads for you to read that should help you with backing up and restoring, though it's not fully automated. I'd suggest reading through them all and the included links before you start in on it.

2 Likes