Playground for post experiments

If you want to experiment with anything this forum has to offer, best keep it to this thread.

I'll also add a wiki post right after this initial post so those of you at trust level 1 and up can experiment with that.

And this is the post that's marked as a wiki post.
That means that anybody can edit it.

Just a quick test with "some quotes" and a custom emoji :tentacle:!

1 Like

:koala: <- am I koalafied enough to post here?

1 Like

Hello world
OK, Let’s give the Emoji-engine a spin🕴🏼
:man_shrugging:t3:

Never knew the :tentacle: emoji?!

@chunkysteveo Custom one :wink:

1 Like

for those wanting to play with formatting options, here is the link to the Markdown Cheat Sheet. This is the same page as the link Gina put at the top of most pages here that says "please use code blocks and syntax highlighting". (The difference is that this link takes you to the top of that page, rather than directly to the code block section).

I've found the headers, links, and lists sections helpful when trying to lay out a WiKi post to keep things organized. You can see some of these options in use in the WiKi in the FAQ section entitled Getting Your WiFi Connection Working (Despite my name on that post, Gina did most of the initial formatting of the raw text I entered. I've been copying/pasting/editing her formatting since then as I add to the WiKi)

I'm hopeful that the Discourse author will eventually include a more automated way to make a table of contents. This would be especially helpful for a WiKi-type post. It could be done now, but is a lot of manual work, an da lot of manual editing if you make changes, so I have not attempted it.

1 Like
Tables Are Cool
Oh the fun
we are having
now with tables.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot start advanced user