Organising Sidebar

Hi folks,

I've been using Octopi for a few weeks now and it's absolutely awesome. I'm loving the whole 3D printing thing.

I'm trying to reorder the sidebar items though and can't figure out how. Can anybody help?

Cheers.

You have two options.

1. The easy one: the "OctoPrint-Sidebar" plugin as listed here (sadly not yet registered on the official repository).

2. The more difficult one: editing your config.yaml and adjusting appearance.components.order.sidebar, see the docs.

Even without having tested it so far, I'd strongly lean towards option 1.

I agree with that - started using it a few days back and very happy and simple to use.

Also added the sidebar temp graph so can watch the video feed and see the temp graphs at the same time

Cool. Thanks. I'll give that plug in a try.

Hmmm .... I've added the "OctoPrint-Sidebar" plugin and it's picked up the standard sidebar items with no problems. But I've added the sidebar temp graph, but it doesn't appear in the list.

Do I need to add it manually? If so, any idea what it's called? I've tried "sidebar temp graph", "sidebar_temp_graph", "sidebartempgraph", "sidebartemp", "sidebar_temp" and nothing I've tried seems to work.

You need to use plugin_sidebartempgraph. I recently updated the plugin's homepage with this information.

Forgot to mention, you may need to restart OctoPrint after saving your order and definitely have to do a force refresh.

Thanks jneilliii. That worked! :slight_smile:

I'm having the same issue trying to move the filament manager up. Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you try plugin_filamentmanager?

1 Like

As of 2023 the "OctoPrint-Sidebar" plug-in isn't available for python3 installations.
I suggest GitHub - jneilliii/OctoPrint-DragonOrder
It allows you to reorder the sidebar and also the tabs simply by using drag and drop.

Hello @_leonbecker !

Or use this instead:

BTW:

grafik

Thanks. That plug-in looks really cool. I'll try it as soon as my current print is finished.

I googled for a way to reorder the sidebar and this community entry was the first link shown. As the method atop isn't up to date I thought it would be useful to link the DragonOrder plug-in :grinning:.

Thanks for the recommendation, definitely check out UI Customizer, it's great. It incorporates a lot of different features from a few of my plugins into one plus a whole lot more.

1 Like