[OctoPi] Is there an upgrade path from jessie to stretch?

What is the problem?

My OctoPi is running fine, has a a bunch of plugins, some history (STL files, etc.), some stats, customizations in the settings... but it's on jessie which debian's old stable. I would like to have it on stretch (current stable).

What did you already try to solve it?

Look for documentation about upgrading.

Do I have to burn the stretch image and start from scratch ? If so is there a way to export / import some of the stuff I would like to keep ? Can I just do a dist-upgrade like on any other debian ?

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

OctoPrint 1.3.8 running on OctoPi 0.13.0

Yes

Possibly. But that would only update the Raspbian/Debian stuff, not the changes in customization that happened to OctoPi since your 0.13 version. Which are quite substantial, we are at 0.15.1 now.

I tested the dist-upgrde path a while ago, and s few others did as well. It seems to work without issues, however your milage may vary. If you want to try it, first make a backup of your SD card and/or settings, then find a post by me (I'd link, but on mobile ATM). Due to how much does change though, I would just suggest going then reimage anyway.