Octopi and a Media Server (Plex) on the same raspberry?

Hi,

I used raspbery pi 3 B+ with octoprint and my 3d printer for 4 months. Now I need a media server and I don't know if I can use the same raspberry or I need to use 2 differents of them.
I want use Plex that works on raspbian and I know that octoprint is based on raspbian so maybe it would work.
What do you think?

EDIT: I read that octopi and octoprint aren't the same thing, didn't know.
So the real question is:
Can I have a Plex server on raspberry that already has octopi as image and octoprint as a server?

octoprint is based on python and has nothing to do with raspbian...

I don't know the background of octoprint but there OctoPrint.org - Download & Setup OctoPrint I read "Guy Sheffer maintains OctoPi, a Raspbian based SD card image for the Raspberry Pi that already includes OctoPrint plus everything you need to run it..." so I thought that it was similar. What does it means?

EDIT: I read that octopi and octoprint aren't the same thing, didn't know.

So the real question is:
Can I have a Plex server on raspberry that already has octopi as image and octoprint as a server?

If your SD card is large enough, technically you could install Plex on your RasPi too.
But it's strongly recommended not to run both servers (OctoPrint and Plex) the same time.

My goal is to keep both of them on, so is it better have 2 differents raspberry?

1 Like

Definitely. So you can watch you movies during a print :+1:

1 Like