Multi-arch OctoPrint Docker container

Hi all. In case anyone is using Docker on their raspberry pi (I use hypriot's rpi image). The image is up at hub.docker.com/r/nunofgs/octoprint.

I'm taking advantage of multi-arch so this image supports both x86 and arm processors simply by running:

$ docker run nunofgs/octoprint

I also provide a master tag which is automatically built from git, once per day.

Have fun!

3 Likes

What's the difference between your docker image and the official octoprint one?

Hi Mentaluproar. My Docker image was actually created before the "official" one existed.

The "official" one is being maintained by the community (not Foosel) and does contain mjpeg-streamer (for streaming from the webcam) and only supports the x86 architecture.

My container is multi-arch so you can run it on X86 computers as well as ARM (raspberry Pis, etc).

If we're talking about guysoft and OctoPi...

pi@octopi:~ $ uname -m
armv7l

OctoPi isn't docker based :wink: This is what @nunofgs was referring to.

Hey man, I love this containerized version of OctoPrint you made. I have been on the lookout for a multiarch (and well maintained) docker container for OP.

I was wondering if I could port your container to the hass.io platform. It's pretty much an extension of the home assistant platform that allows Raspberry Pis to control smart devices and run docker containers. If you're okay with it, I would love to create a Hass.io addon using this container so that it can be installed on smart hubs and make OctoPrint more accessible.

Everything is open source, and I will be sure to credit you and the OctoPrint dev. Thanks.

@nickdaria of course! That's what open source is all about. Use whatever you need!

Docker-peeps: just noting that there's a newly-found yet significant security problem right now with unpatched Docker instances.