MaxX (inverted?) 6000 NO
MaxY (inverted?) 6000 NO
MaxZ (inverted?) 200 YES
E 300
Nozzle 0.4
Extruders 1
Who pingywon
Notes none! :slight_smile:

@tomcheck: Note that the profile speed limits are not for print purposes but for the movement within the control tab. And it's always better to stay a bit below the maximum when moving manually.

@tomcheck @Ewald_Ikemann @foosel Looks like we have a discrepancy on the Y invert checkbox for the MK3. Is there something interesting going on with Tom's printer...?

Not inverted with me and runs fine with MK2, MK2MM(v1) and MK2.5...

Definitely not inverted here either (MK3).

Hey Guys,
Any chance anyone has an updated profile for an Original Prusa MK3 with MMU2?

Hi @Moshe_Dahan!

I'm waiting for my MMU V2, but the settings should be quite similar than those of the MMU V1, instead that you have 5 extruders.

I assumed that much, just wanted to be sure :slight_smile:
Thanks!

So, for MK3-MMU2 it would be:

Brand - Prusa (original) i3
Model - MK3
Form Factor - rect
Origin - lower left
Heated Bed - yes
Width - 250mm
Depth - 210mm
Height - 200mm
Custom Bounding Box - X: 0/250, Y: -4/210, Z: 0/200
MaxX (inverted?) - 6000 mm/min
MaxY (inverted?) - 6000 mm/min
MaxZ (inverted?) - 200 mm/min
MaxE (inverted?) - 300 mm/min
Nozzle - 0.4 mm
Extruders - 5
Shared Nozzle - X (checked)

Yes, you can work with it, but also mark the shared nozzle check box below the number of extruders box.

I have a question here. Exploring the defaults with the OctoPrint Prusa Edition (PrusaPrint Image) there seems to be a discrepancy between the profile suggested here vs the Prusa supplied MK3 parameters.

Here are the parameters I listed in my previous post as recommended here vs the Prusa supplied ones for the MK3. All I am trying to understand is why are there such big differences between the two, and bottom line, figure out which is best??
I saw multiple previous notes specifically about the Axes section that is referring to manual movement, therefore not relevant for actual printing. Got it! However, there are still several other differences.

OctoPrint suggested profile: I've added a " :: in PrusaPrint: XXX " at the end of each parameter that has a different value than what is suggested here vs PrusaPrint.
Brand - Prusa (original) i3
Model - MK3
Form Factor - rect
Origin - lower left
Heated Bed - yes
Width - 250mm
Depth - 210mm
Height - 200mm :: in PrusaPrint: 210mm
Custom Bounding Box - X: 0/250, Y: -4/210, Z: 0/200 :: in PrusaPrint: no
MaxX (inverted?) - 6000 mm/min :: in PrusaPrint: 10200
MaxY (inverted?) - 6000 mm/min :: in PrusaPrint: 10200
MaxZ (inverted?) - 200 mm/min :: in PrusaPrint: 720
MaxE (inverted?) - 300 mm/min :: in PrusaPrint: 7200
Nozzle - 0.4 mm
Extruders - 1

You can surely use Height with 210 mm. It is that what the printer can do. (Don't know why its 200mm in the list above...).

But for the speeds. This is that what is possible. If it is that fast, you maybe do not have the time to react when something goes wrong (what ever it is...)

I also don't know why PrΕ―Ε‘a did not establish the bounding box. It definitely has. It is that area the extruder purges the filament before print.

Extruders is 1 because that profile has no MMU.

Instead of screenshots, I've included my LulzBot TAZ 6 profile files from ~/.octoprint/printerProfiles.

_default.profile contains the default Single Extruder toolhead with a .5 nozzle. The .2 and .35 profiles are Single Extruders with a .2 nozzle and .35 nozzle respectively. There are two profiles for the Dual Extruder V3 as CuraLE does nozzle offsets in the slicer and S3D wants the nozzle offsets in the firmware (using M218) so these two profiles make the GCode Viewer happy.

printerProfiles.zip (2.3 KB)

2 Likes

So... how does one import one of these into OctoPrint?

You can't at the moment. Which is something I'd love to see changed. In fact, I'd love to have some kind of profile repository up and running similar to the plugin repo and have that integrate with OctoPrint.

Alas... time.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea. It's not a very complicated API either way, to be honest.

All I can find about the Creality CR-20 profile:

Brand - Creality
Model - CR-20
Form Factor - rect
Origin - lower left
Heated Bed - yes
Width - 220mm
Depth - 220mm
Height - 250mm
Custom Bounding Box - X: ?
MaxX (inverted?) - 3000 mm/min
MaxY (inverted?) - 3000 mm/min
MaxZ (inverted?) - ? mm/min (can't find these in the source code)
MaxE (inverted?) - ? mm/min (can't find these in the source code)
Nozzle - 0.4 mm
Extruders - 1
Shared Nozzle - X (checked)

If it were me, I'd try using the values from the 10S as seen in the table above and see if that works. Report back when you've got a working profile.