Helloworld plugin is not loading in (venv)

I am trying to follow the tutorial, and believe I messed something up. When I first installed everything, I was not able to run command

source venv/scripts/activate

and not knowing any better, I continued along the tutorial path. Couple things are happening. First the URL in the title bar never showed as indicated. I could see all the log entries though. In my effort to fix this I thought maybe it was because of the above issue. So I ran that command, and restarted the server. Now the plugin does not seem to load at all. No log entries either. So to fix that, I thought I would have to install the plugin again and so I re-ran the install command.

octoprint dev plugin:install

It got some errors (unfortunately I did not copy them) so I figured it did not work completely. But it did not change anything with regard to the plugin loading. At this point I exited Git Bash (on windows) and restarted. The (venv) indication on the prompt was gone, so I restarted the server. The plugin loads again (still no URL or settings dialog), and if I run activate script again it again does not load.

How would I get the plugin to be recognized after running the activate command?

Update to previous post. It seems the plugin, while being recognized according the log file, is not actually running in Octoprint. I do not get any indication that the development environment is active either (I am expecting to see (venv) at the git bash prompt as shown in the tutorial documentation. When I re-run the plugin install it get a windows access denied error. I clipped the output below. Any help would defitnitely be appreciated.

Engineer@Leonardo MINGW64 /c/Devel/octoprint (master)
$ octoprint dev plugin:install
>> c:\python27\python.exe -m pip install -e .
Obtaining file:///C:/Devel/octoprint

Installing collected packages: OctoPrint

Found existing installation: OctoPrint 1.3.6

Uninstalling OctoPrint-1.3.6:

Successfully uninstalled OctoPrint-1.3.6

Running setup.py develop for OctoPrint

Exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\basecommand.py", line 215, in main

status = self.run(options, args)

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\commands\install.py", line 342, in run

prefix=options.prefix_path,

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\req\req_set.py", line 795, in install

requirement.commit_uninstall()

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\req\req_install.py", line 767, in commit_uninstall

self.uninstalled.commit()

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\req\req_uninstall.py", line 142, in commit

rmtree(self.save_dir)

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\retrying.py", line 49, in wrapped_f

return Retrying(*dargs, **dkw).call(f, *args, **kw)

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\retrying.py", line 212, in call

raise attempt.get()

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\retrying.py", line 247, in get

six.reraise(self.value[0], self.value[1], self.value[2])

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\retrying.py", line 200, in call

attempt = Attempt(fn(*args, **kwargs), attempt_number, False)

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\utils\__init__.py", line 102, in rmtree

onerror=rmtree_errorhandler)

File "c:\python27\lib\shutil.py", line 261, in rmtree

rmtree(fullname, ignore_errors, onerror)

File "c:\python27\lib\shutil.py", line 261, in rmtree

rmtree(fullname, ignore_errors, onerror)

File "c:\python27\lib\shutil.py", line 266, in rmtree

onerror(os.remove, fullname, sys.exc_info())

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pip\utils\__init__.py", line 114, in rmtree_errorhandler

func(path)

WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: 'c:\\users\\engineer\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-wzfuld-uninstall\\python27\\scr</code>ipts\\octoprint.exe'

Discussion continues in this topic.