Good this morning, won't start tonight

The problem is the Octoprint service will note start.

Per the steps on the web page that told me the service was not running I also checked the logs and I see;

2018-11-20 16:38:36,557 - octoprint.startup - INFO - ******************************************************************************
2018-11-20 16:38:36,559 - octoprint.startup - INFO - Starting OctoPrint 1.3.9
2018-11-20 16:38:36,649 - octoprint.startup - INFO - ******************************************************************************
2018-11-20 16:38:37,115 - octoprint.startup - CRITICAL - Could not initialize event manager: No module named bdist
2018-11-20 16:38:37,117 - octoprint.startup - CRITICAL - There was a fatal error starting up OctoPrint.
2018-11-20 16:47:15,057 - octoprint.startup - INFO - ******************************************************************************
2018-11-20 16:47:15,059 - octoprint.startup - INFO - Starting OctoPrint 1.3.9
2018-11-20 16:47:15,060 - octoprint.startup - INFO - ******************************************************************************
2018-11-20 16:47:15,071 - octoprint.startup - CRITICAL - Could not initialize event manager: No module named bdist
2018-11-20 16:47:15,072 - octoprint.startup - CRITICAL - There was a fatal error starting up OctoPrint.

I printed a few hour print this morning and all was ok. Had my wife turn off the printer after it was done. The printer power also runs through a 5v regulator to power the pi. Got home from work and OctoPrint won't start. For now I will by pass the 4 relay setup I have to remotely control the power and just print from the SD card.

Thanks for any help. I am fairly good in Linux if your help needs me to do something. I can SSH into the Pi.
Jeff

Did she shut down the raspberry pi properly first? If not, that's a good way to get a corrupted SD card.

You know that may be what happened. Other than the file that holds the network/wifi info in it, what specific OctoPrint files should I see if I can pull out before I reformat and reload the dist?

Jeff

https://discourse.octoprint.org/t/how-do-i-backup-my-octoprint-settings-on-octopi/1489 There's an FAQ on backing stuff up.

You might just be able to re-install octoprint and not have to re-flash the whole thing. Been a while since I octopi'd but I think it's

source ~/oprint/bin/activate
cd ~/OctoPrint
git pull
python setup.py clean
python setup.py install
sudo service octoprint restart

Not 100% sure on those commands, and linux is case sensitive so check to see if it's "OctoPrint" or just "octoprint".

If the SD card got messed up, it's probably safer to flash it again though, who knows what else might have been corrupted (if that is the cause).

Thanks so much, will just start from scratch and reformat the CD card!!

Jeff

Just a followup that a reload took care of the issues and all is running well. Next step is to script out the setting one GPIO pins to turn off the printer and do a OctoPi shutdown when a print is done.

Anyone done this?

Jeff

Try searching the forum for:

• toggle printer power
  • shutdown after print

There's a plugin that'll shut down octoprint when a print is done... I think? Pretty sure I saw one or two of them with that ability.

It's this one.
And this one.