Firmware updating via octopi

What is the problem?
I want to flash the firmware to an Ender3 from Octopi with OctoPrint-FirmwareUpdater

What did you already try to solve it?
The Marlin firmware has been installed via the traditional method and works fine but I would now like to try some extra settings, i.e. S curve acceleration and do not want to go through the whole process every time.

I just want to ask if anyone has experience with the octopi addin that allows flashing from octopi or am I barking up the wrong tree. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

You don’t describe a problem, only a desire. Are you simply asking if someone has used the plugin? In that case: yes, I use it regularly to flash a compiled hex file, and it works fine.

Ok thx for the answer, that's all I was asking. I was trying to follow the protocol and use the template provided and to be correct it is a problem if I don't have an answer, desire or not.

Well, the "protocol" on most forums is that you try doing things and ask for help if it does not work.

What is your problem, I asked a civil question simple and how can I just try to update the firmware when I could quite easily bork the board. I don't get the holier than thou attitude, if I filled in the wrong field or completed the wrong template then that's my bad and I apologise to the board admin. But to immediately state that I am desiring and not asking is really sanctimonious but hey if that's what turns you on dude, you're welcome. I bow to your superiorness.

Like you, I'd be lenient of attempting to flash my controller board's firmware without a Plan B of some sort.

Searching the forums here for "backup firmware", I see one of my own posts on the subject.

I personally couldn't vouch for the OctoPrint-FirmwareUpdater. The author of that plugin would be your best source of information.

I'm not aware that I have a problem herein (I though you had one?). I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention.

Answering questions and solving problems takes some time and effort. When I answer a question it is nice to know the person asking the question has put at least as much effort into trying to find a solution him/herself as I put time into answering.