Favorite webcam

Hello everyone,

I thought we could do a post about favorite webcam's and settings.

I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 with default settings.
Don't like the quality of the capture. Don't think the camera can do better.

Timelaps

For the price and size, I love the Pi NoIR camera module and the long ribbon cable(s) that Adafruit sells. It produces great photos and timelapse videos.

Example

I use a standard Pi camera on a Pi3 with an arm that fits into the unused Ethernet port.This works very well with OctoPi.

Logitech C270. By now I they really should grant me a discount considering how many of those I've bought.

3 Likes

Both my printers have C270's

They work fantastic once you take the face plate off so you can focus them for close ups

i have a c310 and a C270.
i got them for 11€ + shipping.
(4,19€ for the c310 and 6,86€ for the c270 )

That's good price, found one local for 34€

What about mounting it? Can the clamp be removed and, perhaps, mount it on a table tripod?

Yup, the axle on the back comes out and can be reused to attach it when you print the arm/stand/tripod whatever

I bought a raspberry pi zero w and the raspberry cam. And this mod Duplicator i3 Z Axis camera mount found on #Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2623384 and this case Raspberry Pi Zero W Case - Remix found on #Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2165844 and some extra bits that I have designed my self the camera is a bit to close so I'm looking for a nother solution.

You could always do something like this.

Don't have the space, but I'm design my own solution :slight_smile:

You want to mount it on the front... corner? I think I would back out that hex-head bolt and create a mount right there. Maybe it goes off to the right and up.

Don't have the Plus but understand, It's the enclosure that is the problem.

Bought a Creative WebCam Live! Cam Chat HD VF0790 (041e:4097), I think I need to tune the settings as the image looks like a camera that is 15 years old.

Any has any idea where to start ?