Bed Level Visualizer

No. Prusa i3 Mk3. We spenty a LOT of time making sure the bed was super flat before we tightned it up.

1 Like

I got curious and had to check, so here's my MK3's visualization:

It apparently has a bit of a bend in it. Might have to recheck the screws :wink:

1 Like

Simple question here:

So this plug in only works for machines that already have an auto bed leveling feature?

I'm guessing it works for anything that can run a G29 (autolevel) and it then tries to create a virtual plane/mesh from what it finds. In some cases, these printers have an IR module that uses light. In others, it could use a physical device to probe for the bed, possibly even a cold hotend.

Yes, the machine has to have firmware enabled ABL. My plugin only converts the text based report into a surface visualization.

Thank you all very much.

@jneilliii what Gcode should I use for Repetier firmware, I normally run a G32 S2 to probe and store to EEPROM

It depends on how repetier reports the mesh. What isa the end result returned after running that command?

@jneilliii
Send: N9 G32 S280
Recv: ok 9
[...]
Recv: busy:processing
Printer seems to support the busy protocol, adjusting timeouts and setting busy interval accordingly
Send: N10 M113 S2
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
Recv: X:0.00 Y:0.00 Z:0.000 E:0.0000
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
Recv: Info:Autoleveling disabled
[...]
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.922 X:20.00 Y:20.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.989 X:20.00 Y:70.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:5.149 X:20.00 Y:120.00
[...]
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:5.333 X:20.00 Y:170.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.530 X:68.33 Y:20.00
[...]
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.679 X:68.33 Y:70.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.800 X:68.33 Y:120.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.905 X:68.33 Y:170.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.255 X:116.66 Y:20.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.342 X:116.66 Y:70.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.386 X:116.66 Y:120.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.426 X:116.66 Y:170.00
[...]
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:3.950 X:165.00 Y:20.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.023 X:165.00 Y:70.00
[...]
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:4.019 X:165.00 Y:120.00
[...]
[...]
Recv: Z-probe:3.940 X:165.00 Y:170.00
Recv: plane: a = -0.0077 b = 0.0016 c = 5.1027
Recv: Transformation matrix: 0.999970 0.000000 0.007700 0.000012 0.999999 -0.001580 -0.007700 0.001580 0.999969
Recv: CurrentZ:5.10 atZ:5.10
Recv: Info:Autoleveling enabled
Recv: X:165.03 Y:169.99 Z:4.100 E:0.0000
Recv: ok 10
Recv: Unknown command:N10 M113 S2

Not looking so good with those results. What do you get if you issue a G33 L0 command?

My MK2 looks very similar - with the lowered corner at 250/0

Hello
Try to setup the Bed Level Visualizer on my pi for my Tevo Little Monster
The TLM has a smoothieboard build in and uses a Bl-Touch for probing
Can anybody help how the right gecode must be set for this kinda configuration?

This is what I tried (without crashing into the bed) but getting no values back!
G28
M280 S7
M280 S10.6
M280 PS3
@BEDLEVELVISUALIZER
G29

Thanks in advance

Do you know what the firmware flavor is? Did you try G29 T as the last line instead of just G29?

Hello all,

I found this discussion awhile ago and downloaded the plugin in order to help diagnose my current issues with getting my bed level. I tried just eyeballing it via my Prusa i3 Mk3's internal bed adjustment which worked alright in some areas but could never give me completely level bed.

The issue I am having right now in regards to getting an even of grade as possible is that I look at the data on the visualizer, I make adjustments to the bed manually, like readjust screws and such, but when I refresh the visualizer to see how my changes have applied, they seem to not update in the ways I was expecting them to. If you look at the attached image, I have a huge high spot in the right hand corner and so naturally I tried to adjust around the back of the print bed in order to try to get an even grade towards the front.The problem is, the green circle is where it is showing the adjustment was made, in the upper left corner, as the graph changed to show the corner start to elevate from where it was previously. In reality, the pink circle is where I made the adjustment, lower left. To clarify, I adjusted the lower left as a test. Previously, when I changed the upper left where the green circle is, it updated the lower left section on the graph where the pink circle is so I swapped them around to see if the inverse would be true which, it seems to be. Which leads to my confusion as to what is going on. I have tried this a few times and each time the adjustment seems to register in a different location than where I adjusted. I am starting to wondering that maybe I am reading this graph incorrectly? If I use the move print head option, it moves in correspondence to the graph or at least, it looks like it. If I move the print head to the upper right where the red spike is on the visualizer, the print head moves to it. I am at a loss for what to try because I am not sure how to interpreter the data at this point and I was wondering if anybody could give me any pointers on how to get the best use out of this tool or explanation as to why where I adjust is not plotting correctly. Thank you all for your time and expertise!

You should probably exercise that "Flip Y" option in the settings for this plugin, methinks.

2 Likes

I think you're right @OutsourcedGuru, that's what the flip options are for, to compensate for this type of issue.

I figured it had to be something simple that I was just missing. I am not 100% familiar with the plug in yet but it has helped out a bunch in trying to get my bed as level as possible so, a huge thanks for making the plug in and thanks for the assistance. I will try the flipping options and go from there.

1 Like

This is probably me being extremely silly but... if I use the visualiser to update the mesh (which has been working lovely since i installed it), is that mesh then saved to eeprom to survive a reboot? i.e. does the save mesh checkbox equate to an M500 ?

I would guess that the visualizer doesn't write anything to the mesh. The autolevel routine is what does that.

Correct. The Bed Visualizer plugin just displays the leveling report provided by the firmware, does not send save commands or otherwise (unless you include it in the gcode script).

1 Like